Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Barbs

Another case of the headline act who are friends of friends being a bit unchallenging, but an unexpected treat in the form of the support. The Barbs are really a Pixies tribute band, although they are much better than that sounds. Their music is richly influenced but good enough to warrant its own mention in the indie rock hall-of-fame, and their live act is great fun - moody, swaggerish, bright red lipstick and hair covering the face kind of thing (in Amy's case at least). I am sufficiently over-excited to rush backstage when they're done and freestyle my first interview, nodding furiously while Tim talks about some gig in Asia? being their best ever gig. Needless to say I can't read a thing I've written the next day (not much of a music journalist after all) but I will be evangelising for at least a week.

When: 19/05/05
Who: The Barbs
Where: Upstairs at the Garage
Review by: Jane Rich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home