Monday, May 16, 2005

The Futureheads

Last time I was at the Astoria I was newly single and reluctantly on my ace, questioning what was so wrong with me and the course my life had taken that I had no one to accompany me. On that visit the newish Northern band showcasing their debut album (22-20s) were, despite much industry hype, unconvincing. Probably a little like my I'm cool, I always go places on my own veneer.

This time I am with the perfect gig partner and most divine man on earth, and the newish Northern band showcasing their debut album are, despite industry indifference, on fire. Probably a little like the two fans bouncing around front left. The Futureheads are full of energy, tight as John Travolta's trousers, charismatic, funny, a bit odd in the best way and very talented, storming through one great song after another (lots of clips on their site). And this time I leave the building disappointed that it's over.

When: 16/05/05
Who: The Futureheads
Where: London Astoria
Review by: Jane Rich
Pitchfork reviews: The Futureheads

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home